Friday, December 30, 2016

Back to One

It is 31st December today, and while I sit on my bed reading posts by people on Facebook about how their year went (with crazyloads of achievements) of which exotic location have they chosen to spend their last day on (and how much cash they can shell out for it), it makes me look back and ask myself where the fuck was I during these 364 days?

I guess I was...
learning acceptance,
trying not to land up in a fight,
dating (don't ask me *whom*),
working (don't ask me *what* work),
tasting spiritual delicacies and not so,
looking for my CV but never updating it,
experiencing our people our place in Bareilly,
starting a few books and never finishing them,
having a few high efficiency shots of projects at work,
starting my Gold's gym membership and never going there,
regretting over waste of time but seldom doing anything about it,
losing few friends to better education better companies or marriage,
thinking about Bhai how life would have been if he were here with us,
looking for a flat to settle with family but never being able to finalize one,
driving through highways of UP sometimes in stress sometimes in ecstasy,
building and repairing Adobe Toastmasters and learning so much about people,
making new buddies in the comfortable (and limiting) context of my workplace,
satisfying a stupid curiosity for alcohol and hukka (once in a while, *of course*),
looking up to material possessions on various online sales for an existential distraction,
discussing endlessly about multidimensional beings relativity theory aliens and time over coffee

And as the clock hands of life rotate, the year number resets itself as we move from Nine to One.

No comments:

Post a Comment