Monday, July 9, 2012

Team performance - Down2Earth

Reflecting on the awesome time spent at NetApp, some of the best memories that I have are of the Street Show practice by our team - Down2Earth.

I still remember people laughing their wits off, as we had modeled our play not only to give essential details about our theme - "Go Green and Save the Earth", but had used humour too, that too to the limit of saturation!

A salute to the team for such an awesome performance!


I wish to personally acknowledge every member of our team, and jot down the awesome memories they have given me.

Rajesh Sunkara
"Hatt pagla! Sab bhool gaya hai !"
The 'Happy tree' of the group, I first came to know him during our official team outing. Full of life, full of energy, highly enthusiastic, and fun-loving...he would always make the environment light with his occasional punches. I really am impressed by his ability of 'Stealing the show away'. He helped me in some tight corners, and I'm very thankful to him for that and a lot more :)

Arvind Sundriyal
"Arey aa gayi...Dhaniye ki lugai !"
A.K.A. 'Bakar King', his comments were better than the best performances of Comedy Circus or Laughter Challenge! Totally super-creative, spontaneous and witty, he assured us that we should never be sure of what he is going to speak there on the stage. Got an opportunity to spend some more time with him during the last week when I car pooled for office, thanks to him.

Mahesh VS Vemala
"Bhai tujhe kya ho gaya? Hum toh judwa the !!!"
My judwa bhai, 'Sheher' :D Mahesh bhaiya made everyone go crazy with his 'Yo Yo'-factor! He might look like a class 8th kid, but don't be deceived...he's a total all-rounder in his game! An active volunteer, a foosball champ and someone I could always look up to for help and masti both! I met him for the first time in gym, and since then, everytime we met, it would automatically bring a smile on my face :)

Vivek Mattur
"Mom! Look at my brand new diesel car !"
I saw him as the 'official'-most guy among us during our initial days of practice, although as time passed by, I became buddies with him and then we all had our share of fun time. I still am sorry for the 'Donor' joke that I cracked during the play, which was totally spontaneous! Chalo isi bahaane Vivek won't forgot me for a long time to come! Haha!

Vineet Abbi
"Aam ke paed lagaunge yahaan pe...Dasheri aam !!!"
The boss of everything extra-curricular. I am not surprised that be it any event, people used to look upto him for arrangements and management. Totally multi-dimensional, I'm really impressed by the way he manages everything so well. Not to forget PS3 @ 5th floor - thanks to Vineet Abbi (And I was stupid enough to ask - "Aap khelte hain PS3") Haha :D

Pavithra A. Kumar
"Now Karan...TELL !"
I met Pavithra in NB3 reception just before leaving for the official team outing. She has an exceptional ability to share with you and make you feel light and calm. Totally in love with her expressions and how cutely she tries to frame hindi sentences, while me, Mahesh bhaiya, Antony bhaiya and our gang made fun of it! She became my 'sister' once, to help me out of a big locha (Remember, Pavithra? ;-))
Not to forget the Universal rule - If Pavithra says TURN RIGHT.....Just Turn LEFT! :P Haha

Chetna Samant
"Mujhe nahi karna yeh lugai-shugai wala role ! :-X"
Inspite of all attempts of protest, she ended up doing doing roles of mother and wife both! Haha...
As with Pavithra, I met Chetna just before leaving for our team outing, and the initial impression that I got was 'very strict and senior-ish'. But when we both became the 'bali ka bakras' and had to Emcee Official Team outing events, it made me know how fun loving and full of energy she was! She's a foosball pro, and another active volunteer from the great MPO! But I still can't forget the fact ki Ape mujhe party nahi di :P


An lastly...me...Karan Bajaj
"Namaskar bhaiyon....aur UNKI behno ! :P"
Someone who is all emotional about the awesome moments he spent at NetApp. It was more like a family than a group of MTS Seniors and Managers. These two months went away like they never had some...like it was all a very beautiful dream. I'll miss you guys a lot, and hope that 'Chalte chalte kahin na kahin yeh zindagi fir milne ka mauke de...'


Cheers to good times! :D


4 comments:

  1. Awesome Blog Dude !!! We will miss you too !! You did steal the show with your energy in the act and everyone appreciated the way you steered the act with Mahesh, way to go!!! All the best and keep in touch :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rajesh! :D
      I feel all flattered...hehe...we'll be in touch for sure :)

      Delete
  2. Why the hell am I looking the other way in the second pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...you might have, for a moment, being conspiring against the culprit who gave you that special name (which we are not going to forget in a long long time :P)

      Delete